Saturday, August 26, 2006

Patricia Evangelista and stress thresholds

I am very near the end of my rope. Or was rather. See I was in a cycle of sleeplessness for around ten days already. It was (and still is) insane as hell at work, I had a ton of stuff half written which were lying there, left to rot. I can't get my baby yet (new car) and the wait is driving me crazy. Well...Let me take that back, I am crazy, everything else was driving me crazier. Good thing it still rains in the evening, or I might have seriously considered shooting myself.

So there I was, on my way back to my designated place as a member of the corporate land of the dead herd, and I spot the Inquirer (Ms. Evangelista pointed out that it was three days old). I was so tired by that time and looking for a shot of whatever to resuscitate my frayed nerves, so I decided what the heck, I'll scare myself shitless by reading the dailies. I browse through the paper, looking for something that would catch my attention. Bad news...crap....bad news...crap...more bad news....more crap.... Then all of a sudden...Oh manna from heaven! Tell you the truth, this was the first time in years that I had spent time on a newspaper page that didn't have pugad baboy on it. She made me smile. Considering my predicament, it was a mean feat. She writes about everyday stuff and brings it forth in a new light, it takes someone really crafty to do that, make the humdrum seem like freshly baked muffins. Oy vey, she is wacky as well. Nice. And very original!

I could not help myself and emailed her to say thank you. I honestly did not know she was bigtime until I heard her endorse something on the radio as I was driving to work today. Hmmmm....I really am getting old, if I have fallen behind the times that much. Then again, I was never the current events type of person. She mailed me back. Cool. No, wait. Way cool! In all its meanings according to the old skool dictionaries.

from the memoirs 10/14/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home