Friday, August 10, 2007

Six Packs, Marlboros, Credit Lines and Laptops

It’s evening of the same day. The wire transfer didn’t arrive as scheduled and I’m pleasantly stuck in the boondocks. Good thing I have a running credit line at the local grocer. Got myself an ice-cold six-pack of San Miguel Lights, a pack of Marlboros and a fully charged iBook. Isn’t life grand? Yeah I know, bad for me, but considering everything that’s going on now, it may just be a good idea. See I haven’t been pounding on the keys that much since I moved to a new post on my daily grind and I miss it badly. It was nasty trying to make time.

So I’m finally grounded with nothing to do, and as far as I know everyone who I love has something better to do with their time than to spend it with the king of melancholy. It’s been a long time since I’ve been really alone, and it’s twisted. See there are a lot of people around me, but no one’s paid attention to be honest. I just go on my way since no one cares as long as I deliver the goods. Mr. A-ok family man and all that rot. The recent two years have been an absolute whack job for me, filled with short rises and very long troughs. Been in and out of emergency rooms with a steadily declining health. To be brutally frank I do not expect to live past forty. But I still believe I have enough time, with the Creator willing, to set everything in order for those I love. It’s scary and exhilarating at the same time, this race against time. Well we know it from childhood, when death first visits our family’s doorsteps. We put it on the back burner till we get a missed call from the ever-pleasant reaper.

So that’s that and maybe nothing more, if I die as boring as I lived. Wait, I may still have time enough to complete my book. I’d like to be printed posthumously though, to spare myself the shrink freak psycho-babble analysis of anyone of anyone who’d care to read and criticize the work. I think I’ll cut it here and stick to the beers. They’re a fine companion during these times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home